What if I told you that you could actually earn money for all of your regular shopping? Does it sound too good to be true? Well it’s not! You can actually earn money to do all of the shopping that you normally do. Here’s how.
I use all kinds of apps and reward programs to earn money shopping. If you are not using programs like this, you are missing out on the EASIEST way to score some extra savings. Here is a roundup of some of our favorite ways we earn money shopping. I personally enjoy using Ebates, Survey Mini, Ibotta, Swagbucks, and Honey.
Earn money shopping with Ebates
Ebates is one of my favorite websites to use. After you sign up (which is FREE) all you have to do is enter in the name of the website that you are planning to make a purchase on in the search bar at the top of the screen. Click on the website. Then start making your purchases just like you normally would. Except, because you did it through Ebates, they will give you a percentage back after you make your purchase! I routinely use this method to save a ton of money using Amazon. Plus, if you sign up using my referral link, you’ll earn an easy $10 just for signing up and making a purchase you would already be making anyway.
Earn money shopping with SurveyMini
SurveyMini is a smart phone app that uses your location to find surveys from stores that you have either actually been to or have shopped nearby. The surveys will ask you some basic questions about your shopping trip and reward you with points for answering. Each survey usually takes less than 2 minutes to complete. Once you have earned enough points, you can cash out for gift cards. And some stores also offer you free drinks, meals, or other discounts for completing the survey. That’s a win in my book!
- You submit a receipt using their app after you purchase a qualifying product
- You link a grocery store loyalty account
- In App purchases
Submit a receipt:
- Download the Ibotta app.
- Unlock rebates: before you go shopping, unlock cash rewards by completing simple tasks (like watching short video clips, etc).
- Go shopping. Buy the products you’ve unlocked.
- Verify your purchases by pushing the green “verify purchases” button in the app. Snap a quick photo of your receipt… and you are done!
- Get cash. You will have your cash deposited into your Ibotta account within 48 hours. You can put your cash in your PayPal account, Venmo, or other fun gift cards.
Link a grocery store loyalty account:
- Sign up for IBOTTA (it’s free)
- Link your store loyalty account. Add your loyalty card number or associated phone number.
- Unlock rebates. Before you shop, unlock cashback rewards by completing simple tasks.
- Go shopping using your loyalty card or phone number at check out.
- Get cash. You’ll have the cash deposited in your IBOTTA account within 24 hours.
In App Purchases:
- Find & unlock mobileapps rebates. Before you shop, unlock cashback rewards.
- Launch app. Tap on the launch app button from the Ibotta app.
- Go shopping. Make a purchase within app. That’s it! You’ll receive a confirmation that the rebate is pending.
I always use Ibotta for purchases that I’m planning to make on Groupon. I’m already getting a great deal on Groupon, and then Ibotta gives me even more cash back for using it. Win win!
Right now you’ll get $10 for using my referral link PLUS $10 for downloading the free app.
Are you using Swagbucks? Swagbucks is heaven. You get rewarded for doing things online, that you are likely already doing. When I choose reward programs to work with, I try to focus on ones that don’t cramp my style. In other words, ones that reward me for things I’m already doing. AKA I don’t have to do anything different in my life to get them. This includes: shopping online, watching videos, and finding deals online. You earn points by doing these tasks and then you turn those points into rewards– gift cards to tons of different places or cash back using PayPal.
You can REGISTER for Swagbucks here.
Honey is arguably the easiest way on earth to earn money shopping. All you do is download an extension for your browser from their website. Then, they scour the internet for ALL AVAILABLE promo codes and add them to whatever website you are using. After you download the extension, you literally do not have to do a single thing, and they’ll add promo codes to wherever you are shopping (instead of you spending FOREVER hunting for the perfect promo code– I used to waste SO MUCH TIME hunting for promo codes!)
Do you earn money shopping? What are some of your favorite apps and websites? I’d love to hear from you!
Gain access to all of my money saving hacks by SUBSCRIBING TO OUR NEWSLETTER!